Austin Norte, Austin Guía de viaje
Resumen de North Austin
- Quieter and less rushed than other urban areas
- A smattering of restaurants
- Several parks sprinkled throughout the area, providing great walking and biking trails
- Lots of shopping centers, like North Cross Shopping and the shops at Tech Ridge Center
- Far away from the bustling Downtown Austin (20-40 minutes with traffic)
- Not as pedestrian-friendly as Downtown
- Less packed with restaurants than Donwtown
- Lacking attractions and activities of Downtown
What It's Like
North Austin is relaxed and highly residential, but decent shops and restaurants can still be found in the area. A car will be necessary if you're staying in North Austin. Shoppers may like the area, though, as there are plenty of mega malls to choose from, like North Cross Shopping Center and Arboretum Crossing.
Where to Stay
If you're planning on making trips Downtown, try to stay as close as you can to I-35 (just remember to get a room that's not facing the Interstate!). This highway runs straight into Downtown, and provides easy access to all the main attractions of Austin.